Wednesday, February 1, 2012

General Update - Stuff I am working on

So again I am trying to dip my toe in the writing pool and I am sketching out some ideas on stories that don't involve anything paranormal. Still working on them so when I actually manage to work on a summary that doesn't bug me I might pot it here to keep me on the straight and narrow as a hint though I am thinking of basing one around teenagers and the fun fun politics of high school.

TV

So I have been watching Psych from the beginning after hearing endlessly about how good it was so I took the plunge with the first season. To be honest I was not particularly impressed it reminded me of things like Murder She Wrote or Diagnosis Murder which are fine examples of shows but I think most would admit they are now dated. Some things that stuck out for me was the ridiculous use of eye candy in nearly every episode and the fact that Shawn is so incredibly unlikeable, it works for House but it doesn't necessarily work for everyone.

Still I had nothing better to do and occasionally I found myself hitting up IMDB to find out what the hot actress of the week has also appeared in. I kept on watching through Season 2 and slowly I felt the writing got a bit tighter and the episodes more fun and more importantly a lot more unique.


The second half of season 2 and later season 3 has definitely improved things again and I fear that those damn catchphrases are starting to stick in my head. That and the Jamaican accent which even I find hilarious. Add that to the hilarious versions of the theme tune that keep appearing and Psych is beginning to get up there among my favourite shows.

Anyway that is all he wrote for now go read a book or something people.

No comments: