Sunday, January 23, 2011

Lucky Me

Wow so this has been an interesting week all in all although it is not hard to be interesting compared to my average weekly schedule. Only two bits of good luck to share but those two outshine anything else that has recently been overly positive that has come my way. First thing's first while walking to the corner store to reup my electricty supply I reached into the pockets of my coat and began sifting through various receipts and other useless pieces of paper checking them as I went so I could just throw them in the bin outside the store. To my surprise in my investigation I pulled out a £10 from the pocket, which may not seem like much but when you had been living the previous 3 or 4 days without even spending a pound a day outside of the already paid bills can mean a lot like a nice ice cold beverage for instance.

The second bit of impressive luck was some unsolicited mail from our government which took the form of a tax rebate. Yes you heard me right the government actually decided to give me back some money never mind the £100+ they have cost me in bank charges due to their mess ups but it is still nice regardless of that stuff. I would be interested to see how far this lucky streak will go but hey other things to consider.

Anyway some updates:

Last few books read -

The Kings of Clonmel by John Flanagan
Four Blind Mice by James Patterson
Halts Peril by John Flanagan

Next book Dead Until Dark by Charmaine Harris

No comments: