Thursday, November 11, 2010

GENERAL POST - The End of an Era???

Well it seems so people. After three days I believe that for whatever reason the lovely and mostly reliable public wifi I use for the majority of my Internet connections has gone forever. How will this affect (YES AFFECT grammar is IMPORTANT) your humble blogger, well for one my World of Warcraft exploits are screwed until at least Monday when I might be able to go and purchase some Mobile Broadband time. At the moment I am pretty up to date on my other Internet projects so they can be left to their own devices for now still it is almost a shock to see how I took my Internet connection for granted it is a HUGE component of how I communicate with the outside world. For instance I pay two thirds of my bills online as well as manage my bank account and credit card statements add to this applying for the majority of jobs via e-mail and this is more than a minor setback for me. This is leaving out the fun downloads and reading of online comics and forums that I spend my free time considering. Whatever shall I do? Truthfully no idea but for now I have been regretfully watching some day time television ( has it started to suck even more since last time I had to watch it) and do a lot more reading at home whereas usually I tuck into a good book while freezing my ass off in the laundromat on chore day.

Wow this post has started a little negatively but let us move onto happier places, at the moment I am pretty healthy and pain free which is always a big plus and a rare occurrence also I have written a review for a YA book review blog, not sure if it will be published I will just have to see but I was happy to just be asked. I am also working on a novel for Nanowrimo though there is no way in hell I am going to manage even half of the 50k word count needed thanks to all the fun and frolics with my New Deal stuff. The idea though of Nanowrimo is a sound one and this time I have decided to go for a very different sort of book, which is a story about your average joe who goes on a quest to meet his celebrity. I was partly inspired by this weird sort of comedy documentary about this dude who wants to go out on a date with Drew Barrymore (at least he has taste) and also by Scott Pilgrim, the film adaption of which I was very impressed by different to the comic but still excellent on its own merits.

I have only just started cranking it out and I promise to share an excerpt or two provided I get to at least five thousand words anything less and I don’t think that I have done enough work on it. Moving onto published books by people you might have heard of there are a lot of books I want coming out in the next 3 months with releases by Alyson Noel, Richelle Mead and  PC & Kristen Cast. Night Star which is the next in the Immortals series is one I am eagerly looking forward to and The Fledgling Handbook a companion piece to the House of Night series is already out in stores in the UK as I type this I have high hopes for this as I want to soak up the background and lore of the world that PC & Kristen Cast have created including the religious aspects of the Vampyre world. Then there is the end of the Vampire Academy Series which is going to be huge, while I myself do not care for Rose Hathaway the series itself is captivating and I can’t wait to see how it ends though I tend to think that perhaps this won’t be the last time we see this universe but who knows.

Well enough talk from me I have to figure out a long term solution to my Internet woes that WON’T cost me like £175 initially and god knows how much a month in a direct debit.

PS. Using software to make this post whereas usually I use the Blogger editor I am interested to see how things turn out. Also this post was delivered through an incredible 10k net connection oh the speeds.

No comments: